How To Apply For An ESTA Visa

If you are thinking about traveling to the United States, you will need to apply for an ESTA visa. The ESTA visa is required by any citizen of a visa waiver company. If you are one of these citizens, you need to know how to apply for the visa.

The Application Process

To apply for an ESTA, you will need to have access to a computer as the application can only be done online. The application will only take around 10 minutes to complete, but you need to ensure that everything is done correctly. If English is not your native language, you will be able to complete the view the application in 22 different languages, but the answers need to be provided in English only.

It is important that you complete the application before you book any parts of your holiday so you do not lose money if your application is rejected. To fill in the application, you will need to have your passport details such as the number, the issue and the expiry date. You also need to provide contact details, but the information about where you will be staying in the US can be added or amended after the application.

The ESTA application will need to be completed on an individual basis. This means that group applications will not be accepted, but you may be able to apply on behalf of other people. To do this, you will need to have all of their information as well.

Once you submit your application, you will need to pay an application fee. This fee can be paid by credit or debit card and should never be more than $14. It is important to note that this fee is non-refundable and you will be charged even if your application is rejected.

After submitting your application, you will generally receive a confirmation via email. The visa does take around 72 hours to be processed and you will not be able to chase up the status. The visa will be valid for 2 years from the date of issue or until the passport your visa is related to expires.

If your ESTA visa is rejected, you will still be able to apply for a non-immigrant visa at the US embassy. This is the visa that citizens from countries that do not have a visa waiver agreement with the US will need to have to travel.